Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Two 1st place medals and a trip to Canada...(SWEET!)

So on Monday, we had our Jr. Summits Annual Skills and Drills competition. I competed in the 12 and under age group as the only girl with about 22 other boys. I had a lot of fun and I won two 1st place medals out of the three competition activities. One of the 1st place medals was for best puck control. I was the fastest player to stick handle a puck through an obstacle course (in any age group...U10, U12 or U15). Another 1st place medal was for the most accurate shot, it's called 'the million dollar shot$$'. No, I didn't really win a million dollars, but I did win the competition. All my friends were cheering for me, and I think I like that even more than getting the medals. I almost won the fastest skater award, but I finished half a second out of 1st to a boy from Mt. Shasta, CA. There are no medals for 2nd place in hockey. Even in the pros, you win the Stanley Cup or go home empty handed. After the practice we had a potluck and hung out with friends and ate food.
Oh yeah... by the way I am going to Canada in eight days. I am sooooo excited!!! My dad is taking me and we're going to Richmond, BC Canada with my girls team... the Northwest Selects:]. Its our last tourney this season.:[ I'm going up hoping to bring home more hardware, so stay tuned....

No comments: