Friday, January 7, 2011

We lost in an ugly game...

Klamath Falls came to Medford tonite.  We lost 7-2.  The game got ugly with 6:30 left in the 3rd.  A fight broke out.  In total, 8 players got game misconducts, 4 on each team.  Additionally, my assistant coach and the head coach of Klamath got game misconducts.  I played the entire last 6:30 of the game.

I was on the ice and skated away as the fight broke out.  Fighting has no place in high school hockey.  If anyone my age fights, it's because they can't get it done with hockey skill.  Initially, the refs gave me the fourth game misconduct on my team for not skating away...total crap!  They didn't know where all the skaters were on the ice while they pulled everyone apart.  They went to the coaches and asked them who they wanted to take the 4th penalty, but my coaches delayed with an answer.  So, the refs caught me up.

Fortunately, my team knows I didn't do it and so another kid on the ice at the time took the penalty and the refs had the scoresheet corrected.  For a while I was about to get booted for a game!  I was bent!  I don't want to miss a game!

Tomorrow night....Jr. Spartans vs Portland Selects!  Woot!

No comments: