Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jr. Spartans in Portland...

I travelled to Portland this weekend to play with the Jr. Spartans Midget Team against the Portland Midget Selects.  We lost our game Saturday night 2-1 in a good, hard fought struggle.  Sunday morning, we came out rocking.  We beat the same Portland team 11-6 and it wasn't even really that close.  We were never in any danger of losing, and alot of players were involved in the scoring.

I got hammered pretty good in the 2nd period.  I got pushed from a distance into the boards head first.  It hurt in the moment, a little back pain to go with, but I'll be alright. 

I was credited with an assist in Sunday's game.  I picked up the puck just inside my defensive zone, carried across the center ice and dished ahead to Preston.  He carried into the offensive zone and took a good hard shot from the point.  The goalie fought it but lost.  Preston's parents call him "Bear" as well, so it was Bear to Bear for the goal.  I'm glad I'm not in Medford, otherwise it would've been The Mayor to the Bear for the goal...HA!

Jr. Spartans Midgets play at home next weekend in our MLK Tournament.  Lots of hockey all weekend.  Should be fun!

No comments: