Monday, September 29, 2008

So starts the 08-09 season...

Well, I started the Jr. Summits House league this weekend...with a loss. It's really hard to have any emotion about winning or losing in this league because there's so many issues affect the play here. Because of the numbers, we play over a broad scope of ages, so sometimes there are some crappy match-ups with big kids facing off against little kids. also, we have some newer goalies who are working hard, but still learning. when the scores for both teams are in the double digits, you just kinda say, "yeah, whatever..." Individually, I did have 3 goals and 1 assist of my own. That's a good start I suppose.

I also had a practice weekend for the Selects up in Vancouver. It was really good, and I think our team is going to be so strong this year! We start games in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you informed.

Finally, I've started my annual fundraising drive...The Drive for 25! I need 25 people to sponsor me at $25 or more to help me pay for all of this. I thank you all so much for your support and I am working very hard to make you proud!!!

Pictures coming soon! Later!

No comments: