Tuesday, February 8, 2011

PNAHA Washington State Select Camp

I spent all weekend at the Pacific Northwest Amatuer Hockey Association's Washington State Select Camp in Wenatchee, WA.  (Ya, I did!)  I'm not eligible to be selected from WA to go on to the District Select Camp, but here in Oregon I have to go to the state camp with boys (Oregon state Select Camp was 2 weeks ago).  In Washington, there are enough girls, or enough girls come together anyway, to hold our own camp.  It's fun, and as the season turns towards the final stretch, I get inspired to work even harder to become the best female hockey player in the Pacific NW and beyond.  I've also skated with a bunch of the girls who attend the WA Camp over the years and so it's good to see them all again.  Finally, it gives me a 1st look at some of my competition at Districts.  Oh yeah, I plan to be there....

No comments: