Sunday, February 13, 2011

0'fer weekend, oh well, next weekend is Alaska!

I played 4 games this weekend.  Two games with the Crater Comets against the Churchill Lancers in high school league play.  We lost the 1st game, hands down. The 2nd game went to a shootout. I was one of the shooters for the shootout, and despite a pretty sweet move (according to my dad) inside then out, I didn't get the backhand up and the Churchill goalie made a sharp, sliding save. We ended up losing, but not on the back of my miss alone. I got an assist in the 2nd game.

I also played 2 games with the So. Oregon Jr. Spartans U18 boys team.  We played the Portland Jr. Hawks U18 AA team.  We lost bad Saturday night, but came back very strong Sunday morning, losing by just 1 goal!  I got lots of playing time, and I think that playing with the Spartans improves my speed and game skills. I had lots of shots, especially in Sunday's game. It was a good weekend despite the Saturday night blowout...

Next weekend I am travelling to Fairbanks, AK with my Team Alaska U16 girls! Can't wait! We'll be playing a little round robin tourney against the UAF Women's team, the Alaska Icebreakers, and Team Alaska's U19 girls.  Gonna be amazing...  Can't wait to see you girls!

No comments: