Monday, March 14, 2011

CHAMPIONS!!!

This weekend, I travelled to Anchorage Alaska for a 3-game series against the Alaska Icebreakers. This was a very important series. The winner (best 2 out of 3 games) earns the title of Tier II U16 Girls Alaska State Champions and Tier II U16 Girls USA Hockey Pacific District Champions.

We won game 1 by a score of 2-1. I passed to my teammate Marissa K. breaking up the middle. She shot, collected her own rebound, and scored. It was sweet! She's amazing.

Game 2 went to overtime tied 0-0. in the final minute of the 1st 10 minute overtime, I got the puck and some room. I ripped a high, hard slapshot from the point. The goalie gave up a big rebound and Marissa dove for the tap in. It was awesome, and like I said...Marissa is amazing!

We lost the 3rd game in the last 30 seconds on a good goal, 2-1. It didn't matter though...
Team Alaska U16 Tier II Girls are:

Alaska State Champions

and

USA Hockey Pacific District

 Champions

2 comments:

Ms. Hansford said...

congrats

jerin said...

I don't have an e-mail for you, but I wanted to say thanks for following my blog...it's always nice to have the support of an area hockey enthusiast!